The big start back tomorrow begins at 9am. Here’s what I’m expecting out of each and every one of you.
- You show up 3 times a week. You wont get anywhere if you don’t make it to train. Endless motivational quotes posting every day won’t do a thing for you. You change by showing up full stop.
- We support each other, we move further when we act as a team. You respect the person next to you, and support them when they doubt themselves. We have no ‘cliques’, and we are to HELP each other.
- You need to show GRIT. You will know by now if you have it in you succeed in our gym by doing it the right way, or you are still tempted to take the easy way offered by cowboys in the ‘fitness’ world who are offering you strange “portions”, that suddenly get you in shape in a couple of weeks. We ONLY want hard workers, and those who do it the right way.
- Workout 1 AND 2 are tough, and you need to do BOTH to appreciate what we are trying to achieve. Those who dismiss workout 2 as ‘not necessary’ are the same ones who can’t walk the next day when they eventually do it. These workouts help your running, cycling or whatever you are trying to do. You will pick up far more injuries NOT doing these workouts, you will be stiffer and your body will get run down far quicker. BE HUMBLE, BE PREPARED TO LEARN. I have trained people for endless amounts of years and I can tell you straight that if you are running on hard surfaces every day for long distances, then your body will rebel and give you NOTHING but trouble. Nobody has run more than me, running with at least 8 people a day for 20 something years and I remain PAIN FREE, but UNLESS you do the other stuff we do at the gym, a lifetime of pain is coming your way.
5. Back to point 3 about doing it the right way. We don’t do any ‘shake diets’ or anything faddy that leads to long term MISERY. Anyone peddling their own ‘miracle’ diets to profit from any gym members will be asked to leave PERMANENTLY no doubt.
6. We have had a record amount of new member enquiries over Christmas but every year we only take a tiny percentage of these on. We have worked out how many members we can successfully work with at any one time. We want YOU the long term member as the absolute priority and the sole focus of our attention, you the loyal long term member comes first. If you cannot commit to training with us properly and don’t want the best for your health, or you still want to try every gimmick under the sun, then you need to make way for committed people who will make our team and spirit even stronger.
7. We have a huge amount on food on www.kerimckibbin.co.uk . Don’t pretend to blame your workouts if you are not eating well. Training hard, rest and eating well are your best success strategy, always will be. You have video workouts, eating and motivation all on one site. If you are a paying member, please send an user name and password to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. It’s down to you, take full responsibility. We message you, support you, teach you every workout to get the very best out of you, but we can’t achieve incredible things unless you take responsibility for what goes into your mouth, unless you stop making excuses why you can’t make your sessions, unless you stop letting negative people control your life and unless you STOP yourself reaching your true potential.
9. Allow yourself to be great. Accept experienced coaching, accept early morning messaging reminding you to be great, accept a desperate plea from us to be the best you can be. We are not a ‘typical’ gym and we make no apologies on it. We are not deeply in debt like most gyms who rent their machines, we are debt free and own everything. We support you EVERY session, not show you around once and forget about you. We don’t force you on contract like most gyms as our retention is really high and we only want members that are truly onboard with what we are trying to do.
2019, it’s down to you and to show up to accept EVERYTHING we can throw at you to be great.