Here’s the secret to get what you want.
Let’s use an example of hair, if you have ever walked into a hairdresser, and your hair is not in the best condition, they will advise how to treat it better, maybe use a product that will help, and this will continue over a few visits.
When it is shiny and looking great, you suddenly show pride with your hair, you show pride too at the efforts needed to get there. You are proud to show off your new hair.
If you want to get into great physical condition, then we will tell you how to do it. From the small physical and eating habits, from the.points like drinking more water, to hanging out with more positive people, we do it so it’s sustainable for you so you can be proud of your results long term.
No gimmicks or fads, a true lifestyle change and you walk the talk, not just talking a good game on social media.
All of you will show great pride when you have initial success. The problem becomes when you stop practicing the habits that got you in better shape to start with.
You suddenly think “I can do this no problem with no effort”, this is when the great decline starts, and when you put weight back on, the pride vanishes too, and low negative thoughts start to creep in and make your life miserable, compounding your lack of motivation to get going again.
You haven’t given your habits a chance to bed in, so you become used to living healthily without even thinking about it. A healthy lifestyle takes time, took you a lot of years to get out of shape in the first place, it takes some time to get you back to your good levels of health again. Best to be honest with you if you want lifetime lasting good health.
Unless you have enough pride in yourself to go for regular walks, to hit the gym a minimum 3 times a week and eat naturally as possible, then you will never get anywhere where you need to be, and want to be.
We are proud to give you maximum accountability, measure you regularly and coach you every session, and change our programmes very often to create huge results.
It may be a lot easier to join another gym/weight loss place or somewhere that offers lots of gimmicks/measures the wrong health indicators, where you are not accountable anymore. Re-discovering your health means doing it the right way, no more blind alleys or charlatans selling you “magic powders”.
You can “go under the radar” other places, because nobody really cares, nobody holds you accountable and they definitely won’t coach you every session. It may be a lot easier, and you don’t have to show any pride anymore because nobody gives a damn if you improve or not. All they care about is the contract they have put you on, they don’t care much about the HELPING you part.
Anything that’s worth achieving is worth working for over the long term, doing it the right way, and once you achieve meaningful results, then it’s unavoidable you will show enormous PRIDE in yourself and your efforts again.
Good healthy habits eventually stick, and when they do it’s easy to live a healthy lifestyle, and enjoy feeling great every day.
Why training partners are a great idea (but almost NEVER long term).
I love the idea of trainers partners, you get pushed a bit harder, you get excited about your training and the results are great. I LOVE it!
I have had many training partners myself and benefitted IMMENSELY, each has pushed me on to new heights.
Then there’s the downside.
Your partner starts being 15 minutes late for training, then 30 minutes and soon enough starts missing sessions. You get kept waiting, threw your initial enthusiasm for your session, and stopped your progress in its tracks.
Then your training partner has to have a week off, so you have two choices. You either have the week off myself in a “loyalty to my training partner” sort of way thinking, then promise yourself that “next week” will be IT and we will CRUSH it!!! This is DISASTEROUS thinking!!!!!!!!
Then monday morning comes and you get a text saying that your partner cant make it tonight, or tomorrow and maybe at the end of the week.
You feel lost without him/her and training becomes without so much meaning.
The two weeks off becomes two MONTHS, and people ask if you are still training? You say ‘sort of’ but I’m ‘missing my training partner’. This sounds a good enough excuse after all right? “I sound like a pro now don’t i now that I have a training partner?”.
I don’t have to tell you how ridiculous this sounds, so please LEARN from so many who have come and go before you at the gym, I LOVE training partners but use them for short periods and ultimately TRUST yourself. Don’t wish away your time left on earth and don’t give someone else control of your life, especially when you could be easily improving on your OWN ACCORD.
I have seen people have two weeks off and it turn into two years because they don’t have the confidence to start back again. Truly heartbreaking.
My advice is RELY on yourself or you live your live BASED on others and their decisions which is a HORRENDOUS plan. If your happiness is really dependant on others, then you wont have much of a life.
If you rely on yourself, then you WILL hit your workout 3-4 times a week, you meet and get to know others better and your progress and hopes in life don’t get put on hold.
Start of the new year, make it YOUR plan to show up for every session no matter what ‘OTHER’ people have planned. Guaranteed success this way and love the results which WILL come your way.
The big start back tomorrow begins at 9am. Here’s what I’m expecting out of each and every one of you.
- You show up 3 times a week. You wont get anywhere if you don’t make it to train. Endless motivational quotes posting every day won’t do a thing for you. You change by showing up full stop.
- We support each other, we move further when we act as a team. You respect the person next to you, and support them when they doubt themselves. We have no ‘cliques’, and we are to HELP each other.
- You need to show GRIT. You will know by now if you have it in you succeed in our gym by doing it the right way, or you are still tempted to take the easy way offered by cowboys in the ‘fitness’ world who are offering you strange “portions”, that suddenly get you in shape in a couple of weeks. We ONLY want hard workers, and those who do it the right way.
- Workout 1 AND 2 are tough, and you need to do BOTH to appreciate what we are trying to achieve. Those who dismiss workout 2 as ‘not necessary’ are the same ones who can’t walk the next day when they eventually do it. These workouts help your running, cycling or whatever you are trying to do. You will pick up far more injuries NOT doing these workouts, you will be stiffer and your body will get run down far quicker. BE HUMBLE, BE PREPARED TO LEARN. I have trained people for endless amounts of years and I can tell you straight that if you are running on hard surfaces every day for long distances, then your body will rebel and give you NOTHING but trouble. Nobody has run more than me, running with at least 8 people a day for 20 something years and I remain PAIN FREE, but UNLESS you do the other stuff we do at the gym, a lifetime of pain is coming your way.
5. Back to point 3 about doing it the right way. We don’t do any ‘shake diets’ or anything faddy that leads to long term MISERY. Anyone peddling their own ‘miracle’ diets to profit from any gym members will be asked to leave PERMANENTLY no doubt.
6. We have had a record amount of new member enquiries over Christmas but every year we only take a tiny percentage of these on. We have worked out how many members we can successfully work with at any one time. We want YOU the long term member as the absolute priority and the sole focus of our attention, you the loyal long term member comes first. If you cannot commit to training with us properly and don’t want the best for your health, or you still want to try every gimmick under the sun, then you need to make way for committed people who will make our team and spirit even stronger.
7. We have a huge amount on food on www.kerimckibbin.co.uk . Don’t pretend to blame your workouts if you are not eating well. Training hard, rest and eating well are your best success strategy, always will be. You have video workouts, eating and motivation all on one site. If you are a paying member, please send an user name and password to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. It’s down to you, take full responsibility. We message you, support you, teach you every workout to get the very best out of you, but we can’t achieve incredible things unless you take responsibility for what goes into your mouth, unless you stop making excuses why you can’t make your sessions, unless you stop letting negative people control your life and unless you STOP yourself reaching your true potential.
9. Allow yourself to be great. Accept experienced coaching, accept early morning messaging reminding you to be great, accept a desperate plea from us to be the best you can be. We are not a ‘typical’ gym and we make no apologies on it. We are not deeply in debt like most gyms who rent their machines, we are debt free and own everything. We support you EVERY session, not show you around once and forget about you. We don’t force you on contract like most gyms as our retention is really high and we only want members that are truly onboard with what we are trying to do.
2019, it’s down to you and to show up to accept EVERYTHING we can throw at you to be great.
Nothing will make you exercise today, tomorrow, next week, and most days unless you have a strong enough reason to do it-Straight from the heart.
Lots of us feel solace when it comes to exercise, we feel more comfortable again, we feel stronger mentally, and use it as a way of crushing our daly pressures and stress.
The by product of course is looking better but everything must start from the heart, because that will keep you going in darker times and when you feel like giving up at the first hurdle.
In your head, you can pretend that you don’t need to exercise but deep down in your heart you know that is the big lie you keep telling yourself.
In your head sometimes we pretend we get too old to do things, reflecting on how things “used to be” and how good they were in the past, but we cannot do them now.
In our hearts though, we know that if we get our behinds off the settee every day, there is a strong chance that better, more exciting times lie ahead of us again, all we need is to keep showing up.
It’s sad to think that many think our best days are behind us, when so many people prove us wrong on a daily basis.
As we get older we get wiser. History should show us that in the past we felt amazing at times. If you analyse our habits at those times though, it shows clearly we gave more time to exercise, gave more time to having fun and gave more time to dreaming of endless possibility and trying new things.
After speaking to so many people older than me at the gym on a daily basis, and how they are still leaving their comfort zone every day, and telling me how incredible life is for them right now, I’m more convinced than ever to encourage every single person with us not to just relive their past levels of happiness, but to live brand new stories of joy, happiness and fulfilment worth telling even more stories about in the future.
All starts with your health and MUST come from your heart.