Snacking is where many people will meet their downfall on the quest to better health and vitality.
It’s just so easy to grab a packet of crisps or a biscuit when you are feeling a little peckish. Problem is, these little biscuit here and there soon add up. Making sure you always have good healthy snacks in the house and in your handbag/car ensures that you get a dose of nutrients as well as starting to wean yourself off high fat high sugar snacks that just feed your cravings.
These snacks require no cooking and can easily be purchased from a local shop.
- Piece of fruit (berries are best and delish this time of year!)
- Low fat greek yogurt with fruit or nuts/seeds (1 handful)
- Carrots/peppers and hummus
- Guacamole with rice cakes and chopped tomatoes or salsa
- Hard boiled egg
- Low fat Philadelphia with celery
- Peanut butter (1 tablespoon) with banana
- Tahini (Holland and Barrat) with 3 medjool dates
- Frozen grapes or strawberries
- Berry milkshake ( 1 cup of milk of choice such as skimmed or almond milk, half an avocado and a handful of frozen berries, 1 tablespoon of honey/agave nectar or maple syrup – blend all until smooth and creamy.
- Two tablespoon of frozen yoghurt preferably low fat
Try some of these snacks this week and watch your energy begin to soar!
Enjoy your day,